Friday, August 26, 2011

House of JCJEE Celebrates Linggo ng Wika

Last Tuesday, when Joma arrived from school during their lunch break, he showed me his notebook with a short poem written on it. He said that his teacher asked him to memorize the poem and he will recite the poem during their Linggo ng Wika program on Friday. I went through the poem, three stanzas, very short, I said to myself. 

I asked the kids to have lunch first and told Joma we will rehearse the poem later that afternoon, after their class. However, there were too much homework that I totally forgot all about the poem. It was already bedtime when I suddenly remembered that he has a poem to memorize. Teacher might ask him to recite it in school the next day so I asked him to memorize at least a stanza before going to bed. I was planning to have him learn the next paragraph the following morning. 

The next day, I woke him up earlier than usual and had him memorize the second paragraph. To my surprise, I did not have any difficulty waking him up and he even memorized he whole poem! I felt confidence he was prepared enough that he can recite the poem when teacher rehearses him for the program. 

After their afternoon class on Wednesday, his teacher asked if he has a pair of white kamisa de chino and red native pants. Sadly, we do not have that costume and schedule does not allow me to go to Divisoria or Baclaran to purchase the costume that his teacher wanted. So, we settled for a Barong Tagalog and black pants. More appropriate for his poem, I thought. 

Upon arrival from school, I looked for his Barong Tagalog. I knew I kept it in one of our boxes of clothes we rarely wear but I cannot find it! my whole Thursday  morning was spent looking for the Barong Tagalog. I was wondering where it could have been and I am getting disappointed. I looked at my old luggage bag where I found the purple Barong Tagalog, but I still cannot find the white one that he wore on my wedding with his dad. Out of dismay, I settled for the purple one. It looks more classy, anyway. 


Friday morning, everybody was excited for the program. there was a festive mood in the campus. Parents of the students who will participate in the program were more than anxious to see their child on stage. Of course, my husband and I were excited too! But not as nervous as they are. We were confident that Joma was all prepared for his poem. This is not the first time he will speak in front of an audience and he enjoys doing it. 


Undoubtedly, he recited his poem without batting an eyelash, not committing any mistake. Deserves another treat for a job well done! 

No comments:

Post a Comment