Tuesday, November 29, 2011

"The Adventures of Tintin" Premiere Night at IMAX Theater SM-Southmall

The mere mention of SM-Southmall to my children sends my children to ecstasy. They know it means movie, food, and shopping. As I have mentioned in one of my previous posts, my family loves to go to SM-Southmall because of its proximity and the wide array of stores located inside the mall, which makes our shopping more fun and convenient. 

In one of our visits to the mall, the kids saw a poster of an upcoming movie "The Adventures of Tintin". The poster itself depicts both sea and road adventures. My two boys asked if we can see the movie when it starts showing on the movie house. I hesitated. I do not have any idea who Tintin is so I need to research first what kind of movie this is. They both agreed. 

After that trip to the mall, I got too busy writing posts for my blogs and articles for my clients as well as attending different events that I forgot my promise to my boys that I will do a research about the movie before I can give my word whether they can see it or not. Good thing the boys seemed to have forgotten it as well. 

It was only until I received an invitation from SM-Southmall last Saturday to attend the premiere showing of "The Adventures of Tintin" that I was reminded to research some information regarding the movie. The premiere showing was held last night on their IMAX theater. And when the kids saw me watching the trailer and reading articles related to the movie, they asked if they can see the movie or not. 

Thus, when I sent my confirmation to the SM-Southmall staff who sent me the email, I also asked if I can tag my two boys along who are very eager to see the movie so that I will buy tickets for them and we can watch the movie together. I was so glad when they allowed me to bring the two boys without having to shell out cash and buy tickets for the two boys. I really appreciate the accommodation that the SM-Southmall management and staff extended to my kids! 

When I told Joma and E-mann about the invitation, they were very excited. So, as soon as they arrived from school yesterday, they immediately did their assignments while eating their afternoon snacks, which is not the usual routine. Afterwards, we prepared and got dressed for the premiere night. 

On our way to the mall, I wondered how different IMAX Theater, where the premiere showing will be held, is from a 3D theater. From observation, IMAX Theater has better digital surround sound and crystal clear images which gives more cinematic movie experience. IMAX Theater brings back the real theater experience with better quality. Your money's worth indeed! 


I also learned that the IMAX Theater in SM-Southmall is the only IMAX Theater in the South Metro. It is part of the major renovations of the mall to give South Metro residents the best and leisure shopping experience. 

When the movie started playing, the two boys on my both sides became quiet and seriously paid attention to every scene. They had a good laugh as they watch the comic acts and misadventures of Tintin, Snowy and Captain Haddock. Detectives Thomson and Thompson also caught their attention. My two boys got so absorbed with some scenes - when the trio tried to escape from the ship, the scenes from the pirate ship and the chase scene between Tintin, Captain Haddock and Mr. Sakharine. 


The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn is based from the comic book series created by Belgian artist Georges Rémi, under the pen name Hergé. Directed by Steven Spielberg and produced by Peter Jackson, the movie by three notable writers Steven Moffat, Edgar Wright, and Joe Cornish. 

I highly recommend The Adventures of Tintin for the whole family. My kids enjoyed the entire movie and so did I. Adults who love classic comedy films will surely love the film as there was no dull moment on it. 

Watch the full movie trailer on the video below. You can also read my full review for the film by clicking here. 

4 comments:

  1. I got to watch the premiere of this movie too, but in SM North Edsa's IMAX theater.. :) Enjoyed it very much and will write about it soon.. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure if I'm gonna watch TIN TIN. I just want to watch The Road first.

    Hi! Thanks for joining my giveaway! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Road was a complete waste of time. I'm excited for Tin Tin too though animated (not really a fan of animated films).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! We have all the Tintin books. In fact I already memorized each events on every issue of the book. Just give me a title and I'll give back a quick summary after 5 minutes. xD

    ReplyDelete